Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Looking Ahead

I've never really done anything like this. Then again, a month ago I would have said I've never been to Haiti nor did I have any plans on going. It is amazing how God can set you on your ear just when it seems life is going pretty smooth. Below is a letter I am preparing to send out in order to return to Haiti in the most effective way I can. The plan is to work there for three months then take a look at what God has accomplished through me, adjust, re-aim, realign, whatever He calls me to do at that point.

At the moment I am seeking the funding to allow me to work there for this initial time period...

"Times are tough. We’re worried about property values, 401K’s, stock portfolios – For too many, employment itself is a huge concern. In the midst of all this economic turmoil, I was recently led by God to resign from my job in order to help the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. I have yet to question or regret this decision. Spending three weeks in Cap-Haitien, Haiti recently made it crystal clear to me what Jesus was talking about when He said “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal…”.

While working in Haiti, I saw so many needs and tragedies that if ignored would be neglecting Jesus’ command for us to love one another. There are currently an estimated 100,000 injured people in Port Au Prince that still have not received medical care. Providing medical care for these people in their neighborhoods will be my primary task on returning. Due to real fears of being robbed, assaulted, or further victimized, many of these injured will not leave their homes. To provide these people with the care they need, any medical care they receive will have to be taken to them.

While working in Cap-Haitien, I met a Catholic priest who had been lead to build an operating room and clinic 2 years ago on the outskirts of town. It was like discovering a pearl in the mud to find a brand new operating suite in the midst of poverty. I was able to locate a general surgeon and anesthesiologist to come in and perform the first operations ever done at this facility. Frer Geordani has asked that I continue helping locate, schedule, and coordinate medical teams to work at this facility. Currently we have three weeks of March scheduled with different surgical teams.

My personal involvement in all of this was directed by God in ways that have literally made me tremble. He has taken me by the arm and showed me the way He wants me to go and the things that He wants me to do for these hurting people. Through this, I have learned what it really means to “Fear the Lord”. My son says it must be awesome, I tell him it is very frightening. There are many groups that have been doing good works in this country for a long time. Unfortunately, the nature of and the huge increase in needs brought about by this disaster has completely overwhelmed these current resources. Emergent medical care, starvation, and education – Along with the incredible love God has for all people, are the needs and messages that God will use me for in helping Haiti.

I write this seeking your prayers as well as your financial support. Initially, I am seeking funding to be able to work in Haiti for three months. At the end of that time period, I will reassess with God’s guidance the direction of further work.

Campus Church has agreed to accept contributions on my behalf for this work. The mailing address is: 
1525 Indian Trail Lilburn Road, Norcross, GA 30093-2614 (Attach a note – Randy Moore: Haiti funds)
You may also donate via PayPal, the recipient email address is ramoo76@gmail.com. Please include your mailing address so a receipt for tax purposes can be mailed to you.


I wish that it was possible for each of you to spend one day in Haiti seeing the warmth and love, coupled with unimagined human tragedy, you would quickly understand how broken hearted God must be to see people of His in such desperate need.  It is an honor to be able to share this work with you."




Thank you,
Randy Moore, R.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment