Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tears in Haiti

Despite how many times I have tried to leave. The doors seem to close each time. As my oldest Daughter and I talked and cried together as she prepares to deliver her first child, those doors felt heavier and more oppressive than ever. Today my heart is with Katie as she brings a precious little girl into the world.

Fatigue and despair have been growing each day. Last night as I prayed, I opened my electronic Bible. It inexplicably skipped the intro screen. Skipped the browse screen. Opened directly to 2 Corinthians 1. Please take a moment to read it. We have an incredibly powerful God watching over us. Pray for Haiti and Katie today.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Randy, this is Whitney. I love you, and I am so, so proud of you! I've been praying for you and telling so many people about the great things you're doing for the people in Haiti. You are living like God wants us to, trusting that by loving people and caring for people God will take care of you. I know this is an extra difficult day to be away from your family, and I thank God for what He is doing through you.

    ReplyDelete