Friday, September 3, 2010

Busy Days

I am back in the swing of things in Haiti. The days are very busy doing clinic work and distributing medical supplies. I spent the day yesterday assisting a group of visiting physicians train Haitian doctors and nurses how to perform no scalpel vasectomies. I think I have it down and will be glad to try it on anyone when I return home!

Due to this training, I had to postpone the Port au Prince trip to next week. Have been in communications with St. Damien's Hospital there regarding meeting with their hemophilia patients during the visit next week. They have lost contact with several of the following the earthquake. Hopefully they have just been displaced.

I worked with Shada clinic on Wednesday. I was sad to learn the the funds we raised to open the clinic an additional day each week, only covered the doctor's fee. The staff of 4 is not happy about working another day each week for free. We really need to raise an additional $300 each month to pay the staff. I know God will use his people to allow this to happen.

I am now off to the airport to pick up Dr. Visani. Everyone is very excited about his return. He purposely retire from his practice in the States at the age of 50 to begin doing medical mission work. Now at 67, he is a wealth of knowledge, stories, and love. It will be good to see Sandro again.

Peace and grace,
Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment